A new version has been pushed to F-droid!
This release is mostly focused on bug fixing and bug reporting! This is why I urge all users who have been having problems before to try Patle again! Chances are that your problem has been fixed, and if not, it will be reported with more information so I can fix it!
When an error is reported, this data is sent:
- Operating system version
- Device model, brand, manufacturer and whether it's a simulator
- A unique ID based on your device
In some errors the homeserver domain is logged, I will try to prevent this in the future.
This release also includes preperation for an iOS release next week!
Fixes and other changes:
- Handle rooms that the user has left (a notice is shown that you can't send any messages)
- Show a date header above the chat creation event (not the first known event in the list as before)
- When an error occurs during sync, show a message, including the Exception name
- Fix replies causing an error if the
formattedBodydoes not adhere to the spec (thanks to Mathieu!)
- Fix errors not showing when logging in
- Fix loading spinner showing when checking username or logging in even if loading took less than 3 seconds
- Fix direct chats not detected when adder after the initial sync
- Some general syncing issues have been fixed (causing the dreaded infinite loading spinner).
To install this release, add the following repo in F-droid:
And install 'Pattle'.
Or download the APK from the link.
Follow development here: #app:pattle.im!